At CMM there are three core facilities incorporated in the rent; dishwashing,
autoclaving and the Image Developing Facility.
The CMM developing machine and darkroom is located on floor 01. The common user should be able to handle the two common forms of alarms that may occur in the dark room (see below). Jonas Lantz is responsible for the developing machine, if you have additional problems that you cannot fix, please contact him at phone 070-449 10 82 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If there is a total breakdown, contact Mattias or call the service-technician, phone 070-444 23 20, machine no. 131-0116.
Things to keep in mind while using the developing machine:
• Always leave the red lights above the table on when you leave.
• Always feed the film into the machine with the short side facing the machine, films that are shorter than 15 cm may get caught in the machine.
• Clean up after yourself.
• Check that the door is properly closed when you enter the room, stray light may damage your film.
• Light-switches are located on the right-hand side of the door.
A very loud continuous alarm sounds when the waste is full. The waste tanks are located under the table on the right hand side of the room. Remove the alarm (the small box with two pins on it), take an empty container (under the bench on the right side) and transfer the machine tubing to the empty container. Don’t forget to attach the alarm to the new container.
Refilling the automixer
When the automixer is running out of fluids an alarm will sound. The sound is intermittent (beep-beep-beep). To refill the automixer do as follows:
1. Check which fluid is in need of a refill, you will see a red light on either the developer side of the panel or on the fixer side.
2. Find the correct solution (next to the machine). Developer solution (RED) comes in ONE large bottle. It has red text on the side that says ROENTOROLL AC, the liquid inside is yellow. Fixer (BLUE) comes in TWO bottles, one large one small. They have blue markings/writing on the side and are called Part 1 and Part 2.
3. Open the bottles by unscrewing the cap and piercing the plastic film on the large plastic spike/tube.
4. Poor in the correct fluids. (2 for fixer, 1 for developer)
5. Once the fluids have been poured into the mixer, press the small grey button next to the red light.
6. After about fifteen minutes, when the machine is done mixing, the green light will light up.