The benefits of Virtual Microscopy include:
1. share exactly the same image with colleagues at the same time
2. enjoy superior work ergonomics
3. forget about slide degradation during long-term storage
4. annotate slides without affecting their contents
5. many possibilities for software-aided image analysis
Users will also have access to Visiopharm’s advanced image analysis software enabling them to quantify for example number of cells stained for certain markers, the staining intensity, membrane and nuclear staining and much more. Two stationary computers with Visiopharm’s software are available for all users of the Slide Scanner service. These are located in the old offices of the IT department at L5:01.
The user fee is 50 SEK per slide scanned. For external users the fee is 80 SEK per slide scanned. Usage of Visiopharm’s software is complementary.
Slides for scanning can be dropped off every workday between 08:30 and 09:30 at CMM, floor 3 (ask for Jessica Pettersson). See the order form for more information about slide preparation.